Cloning a channel
I would like to understand, which of the past data is transferred to a new channel during cloning.
In order to find that out, I cloned a channel using the standard procedure, i.e. using the channel export app on the primary channel. I exported the channel including all content in a json file. On the clone channel I imported the json file.
I observed that synchronization works quite well for all newly created posts, file uploads etc.
However I noticed that not all of the past data has been transferred to the clone channel. Therefore I additionally executed the content import app on the clone channel, which imported more past data, however still not all content of the primary channel is present on the clone channel. I observed the following:
- Many, but not all of my private and public posts/comments/likes/mails from the past have been imported. This is the case for approx. 1 year old but also only 20 days old posts.
- All embedded pictures still point to the primary channel
- Files, photos, cards and websites have been imported completely
- My markings with the star symbol and the guest access tokens have not been imported at all on the clone channel
I have the following questions to above observations:
- Is there a chance to also import any missing past posts/comments/likes/mails, star markings and guest access tokens to the clone channel?
- Can the source of the pictures in the posts be changed to the clone channel?
And then I have the following, general question:
- Is there documentation available, explaining which past data generally should be transferred during cloning respectively during execution of the content import app, i.e. a list summarizing, which categories are cloned or at least a kind of logic, which data are cloned?