Using the mobile interface, I've twice now created limited-visibility posts with photos in them, and friends on other platforms report that they can see the text but not the photo. One person mentioned that it appears to be a permissions issue.
One post was to "Friends" and another was to "Acquaintances" (a custom privacy group that I created). I checked the photos in the photo album and they have the correct privacy group used for the visibility setting. (That is, it matches the visibility I set in the original post to which I uploaded the photo.) Two friends who noted issues are on Diaspora, one is on Friendica.
I checked my own Diaspora and Friendica accounts.
* My Hubzilla account has connected to my D* account and put it in the "Friends" and the "Acquaintances" privacy groups. My Diaspora account is also connected back to my Hubzilla account and has it in the "Friends" and "Acquaintances" aspects. It successfully sees the posts *and* the photos.
* My Hubzilla account is connected to my Friendica account and has it in the "Acquaintances" privacy group. My Friendica account is connected to my Hubzilla account and notes that it is a "Mutual Friendship". However, the Friendica account sees only text in the Hubzilla's account post.
* All connected accounts see both text and photos in public posts from the Hubzilla account.
Two things are puzzling me:
1. Why my D* account can see photos in my limited-visibility posts but my Diaspora friends cannot.
2. Why my Friendica account cannot see uploaded photos in my limited-visibility posts but can see the text.
Am I perhaps not using Hubzilla's fiddlybits correctly? Or do my friends have to do something on their end to allow my photos to come through in posts?